Dental Checkups Near You
To ensure the health of your teeth and gums, brushing and flossing are vital. Unfortunately, thorough at-home dental care is not enough to avoid the buildup of plaque and tartar on your teeth. As part of caring for your oral health, you also have to schedule regular professional dental checkups to remove plaque and tartar completely. Our hygienists will recommend the ideal frequency catered to your individual needs for optimal dental health. If you are looking to schedule a dental checkup in Vaughan, we are happy to offer dental checkups near you.
Why Are Dental Checkups Important?
Whenever you eat or drink something, bacteria, a layer of plaque, forms around your tooth enamel. After only 24 hours, the plaque hardens to form tartar. The bacteria trap the sugars in your diet and convert them into acids. Since these acids are in contact with your teeth, they erode the enamel and this can cause tooth decay.
If you allow tooth decay to set in, the erosion of your tooth enamel can cause cavities in your teeth, not only can this be painful, but it can also harm your health.
Dental decay and subsequent forming of cavities is only one consequence of plaque accumulation. If you don’t regularly schedule checkups in Vaughan, ON at our dental office, tartar can buildup on your gum line. Since tartar is a hardened layer of bacteria, it can cause gingivitis, which is a gum infection. This can affect your overall health in addition to our oral health.
If you experience gingivitis, it is usually painful and yet, many people fail to acquire dental attention in hopes that their pain will dissipate on its own. The infection can then reach a chronic stage and lead to periodontitis, which is the disintegration of the tooth structure. In many cases, periodontitis can lead to tooth loss.
Brushing twice daily and flossing regularly, minimizes your chances of obtaining these conditions. Additionally, if you schedule biannual dental cleanings, you can prevent gingivitis and periodontal disease completely. Your dentist can advise you on what is best for your oral health.
If you visit our dental clinic for dental cleaning in Vaughan, ON, it will involve:
- An in-depth examination of the full mouth to detect abnormalities or potential concerning issues.
- Our hygienists will measure your gum pockets to ensure overall gum health and we will continue to compare these readings when you visit our office for dental checkups near you.
- The removal of plaque and tartar along your gum line and from the surfaces of all your teeth. We carry the removal out with professional dental instruments.
- A deep clean of each tooth using a rough paste compound to eliminate thinner plaque layers.
- Extensive flossing to remove debris between the teeth and inspect for gum bleeding.
- High-pressure rinsing with a fluoride solution to get rid of loosened plaque and gritty toothpaste.
- To strengthen your teeth’s enamel, a fluoride treatment is conducted which usually consists of a gel or paste application. The fluoride will protect your teeth against cavities until your next dental checkup.
Dental issues not only affect your dental health; they can harm your overall health. Schedule your dental checkup in Vaughan, ON, today at our dental office! We offer dental checkups and cleanings near you.