Dental Bridges Near You
Missing teeth leave behind gaps in the mouth, which can cause the teeth on either side to shift out of place. Leaving these gaps in your mouth can also lead to difficulty speaking and chewing, changes to the natural shape of your face, and excessive wear and tear on the healthy teeth next to the gap
Dental bridges are an excellent option for replacing missing teeth. They restore your smile to its former glory while also preventing further dental issues from developing down the line. At Vellore Woods Dentistry, we offer dental bridges in Vaughan, ON at an affordable price. Contact us today to learn more about how we can restore your smile with dental bridges near you.
Looking for Dental Bridges Near You?
Dental bridges are just what they sound like. They bridge the space between anchoring teeth on either side of a gap. They are made up of three or more crowns bonded together to hold the bridge in place and a false tooth to replace the missing one. They can be used to replace one or more missing adjacent teeth Bridges can be made out of a variety of materials, including gold, alloys, and porcelain. Materials vary in price and also durability.
What are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
Even as an adult, jaws, and gums change over the years. Gaps will lead to complications down the line that will be more painful and costly. There are many benefits to addressing the issue with a dental bridge:
Looking for dental bridges in Vaughan, ON? There are many benefits to this dental procedure. A dental bridge will:
- Restore your smile
- Proactively prevent other teeth from shifting out of position
- Allow you to chew and speak properly again
- Restore your natural face shape or prevent changes from occurring in the first place (a gap from a missing tooth can affect the appearance of your lips and cheeks)
- Prevent excessive wear and tear on other healthy teeth by distributing your bite properly again
What is the Process of Receiving a Dental Bridge?
There are two methods for dental bridges: bridges supported by teeth and bridges supported by implants.
The Tooth Supported Bridge Process
- First, the dentist takes impressions of your teeth to design your bridge.
- Then, the healthy teeth on either side of the gap are shaved down. This allows crowns to be cemented on top. These are called “abutment teeth”.
- Once the dentist determines that the bridge is a good fit for your mouth (bridges may be sent back for adjustments to make sure they are comfortable and fit properly), they will cement the bridge to the abutment teeth.
The Implant-Supported Bridge Process
This method is used when one or both of the teeth on either side of the gap are not healthy:
- First, the dentist extracts the teeth.
- Then, the dentist inserts implants into the jaw (see the next section for more information on dental implants).
- Once the implants heal, the dentist cements the crowns at either end of the dental bridge onto the dental implants rather than onto healthy teeth.
Dental implants are replacements for a real missing tooth. For all intents and purposes, they look and function as real teeth do. Implants are screwed into the jaw where a tooth’s root once was. Once this heals, an “abutment” is attached to the implant. Finally, the prosthetic crown is added.
Implants are the best method for tooth restoration and replacement. They are the next best thing to a natural tooth.
How Do You Know If a Dental Bridge is Right for You?
If you have a missing or decaying tooth, you should consider a dental bridge. We offer dental bridges near you at our dental clinic. If you have healthy teeth on either side of the gap, you can receive a standard dental bridge. If you do not, you may require a dental implant. Certain patients may not be good candidates for a dental bridge. Consult your dentist before seeking a dental bridge if you:
- Have gum disease
- Are a smoker
- Are diabetic
- Have another preexisting medical condition that may make you unsuitable for oral surgery
Unsure About Whether Dental Bridges Are Right for Your Teeth?
If you are still unsure if dental bridges are right for you, consult with your dentist. The mouth and teeth are an integral part of the face. Whether it’s a dental bridge, orthodontics, or teeth whitening, general and cosmetic dentistry can significantly improve the comfort of your smile and quality of your life. Looking to learn more about dental bridges near you? We are proud to offer dental bridges in Vaughan, ON.