Dental Bonding Near You
At Vellore Woods Dentistry, we are here to help you with your easiest and your most challenging dental needs. We have experience with all types of patients and dental issues. At our practice, one of the areas we specialize in is dental bonding.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is also known as bonding restoration. The Canadian Dental Association acknowledges that bonding is an easy way to restore the look of teeth while avoiding pain that you might encounter from other types of procedures. There are many reasons why you might seek out dental bonding as a solution, making it a versatile procedure.
It is used to:
- Improve the shape of your tooth
- Close space between teeth
- Make teeth appear larger
- Repair decay
- Treat receding gum lines
What Can You Expect from the Process?
At Vellore Woods Dentistry, we offer dental bonding near you. Our entire team is committed to helping you understand our procedures and what you can expect when you come in for dental bonding in Vaughan, ON. During this procedure, the process is fairly straightforward:
- You won’t need any anesthesia during the procedure unless you require a hole to be drilled beforehand. It will usually finish quickly and efficiently at our offices.
- Before the actual procedure, you must find a shade for the composite that will match the rest of your teeth.
- As you begin the procedure, the dentist will prepare your teeth by applying a conditioning liquid. They may also roughen the surface of your teeth. This allows the material to adhere effectively.
- Once the dentist preps your teeth, they will then apply the composite material in thin layers. This allows for both maximum control and precision.
- As each layer is applied, it is carefully shaped to the desired look. Next, a special light is applied to the layer, which hardens it and sets it in place. This layering and hardening process is repeated until the final look is achieved.
What is the Length of the Procedure?
One of the most common questions that our patients ask is how long the procedure lasts when they visit our office for dental bonding in Vaughan, ON. There isn’t an exact answer to this question, as the length of time it takes depends on a few different factors:
- One of the biggest factors when it comes to time is the number of teeth. The more teeth that are bonded at once, the longer the procedure will typically last. That isn’t to say they can’t be done in one session. We can accommodate many teeth in one session.
- The other important factor is the type of bonding. Each type of bonding requires a different number of layers. More layers may require a longer session. For example, fewer layers are typically needed for a composite veneer bonding, while more may be needed to restore a decaying tooth.
If our patients do want an estimated wait time for this type of procedure, we typically tell them each tooth takes approximately 30 to 60 minutes to complete.
To learn if dental bonding is right for you, schedule a consultation. We offer dental bonding in Vaughan, ON, and other services for restorative dentistry.