Everyone dreams of having a beautiful smile with white teeth. However, the reality is that many of us do not naturally have a dazzling smile. Instead, we turn to either store-bought teeth whitening kits or professional treatments. If you’re looking to professionally whiten your teeth, look no further than Vellore Woods Dentistry. Our dental office provides quality teeth whitening in Vaughan.
All About Teeth Whitening
Having whiter teeth can increase your confidence! While there are teeth whitening kits available on the market, having your teeth whitened by a dentist near you can be more beneficial. Not only will they thoroughly examine your oral health, but you will also be able to see results faster. There are many questions you may have about whitening your teeth which may include, how much whiter your teeth will become and how long your results will last.
Will Teeth Whitening Work?
Just like how everyone’s teeth are unique, the results differ from person to person. There are a variety of factors that affect how white your teeth can become, including the original colour of your teeth and your lifestyle habits. Teeth with yellow undertones tend to appear brighter after treatment compared to those with grey undertones. Usually, you can expect your teeth to become 3 to 6 shades lighter depending on the product used. Unlike professional whitening, commercial products will vary in results depending on how much hydrogen peroxide is present. Our Vaughan dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth and provide you with the best solution for your teeth.
Before You Whiten
There are many things to know prior to teeth whitening:
- While you may want your teeth extra white, that may require multiple sessions. Depending on the person, patients may experience increased sensitivity. If you’re unsure about the condition of your teeth and whether they will withstand multiple treatments, visit our dental clinic in Vaughan for a consultation.
- Before we whiten your teeth, we examine your oral health to provide you with the best whitening solution for your needs. Afterward, we will clean your teeth to eliminate any plaque or tartar buildup to maximize your results.
- Do you have dental implants? Teeth whitening is ineffective on any surface but the natural teeth.
Tips on How to Maintain Your Teeth Whitening Results
Everyone is different, some may have better luck with longer results while others last a fraction of that time. Lifestyle habits play a big factor in how long you can maintain your results.
- Avoid certain foods that will cause stains or increase staining:
- Try to avoid wines, condiments such as soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, or any foods with dark colours.
- Limit your coffee and black tea intake. They have a substance called tannin which builds up on your tooth enamel.
- Acidic foods and drinks.
- Rinse your mouth after a meal to avoid plaque buildup. Note it is not recommended to brush directly after eating.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and a toothpaste for sensitivity. Some patients find their teeth become more sensitive after a teeth whitening session.
- Eat foods such as cheese and spinach. They protect your teeth by building a protective layer—minimizing staining.
- Brush and floss daily! Not only will you maintain good oral health, but you will also eliminate plaque buildup and stains from your meals.
- If your teeth are becoming duller, visit a dentist near you for a touch-up!
Teeth Whitening in Vaughan
Whiter teeth can easily improve your appearance. Professional teeth whitening will give you the confidence you need! If you’re looking for teeth whitening near Vaughan, look no further! Visit Vellore Woods Dentistry today! Our dental clinic will recommend a whitening treatment tailored to you.